Because the annotations on the photos are extensive, I'm not going to give a complete rundown. I took pictures of everything I ate, all the acts I saw on stage and the stuff I bought. So here are a few bullet points:
• Bacon Ice Cream: Tastes sort of like Pralines and Cream; sweet and salty with bacon at the end. I liked it; recommended.
• Lamb Fries: Even warned that these were lamb testicles, I gave them a try. Regretted it some hours later. NOT recommended.
• London Broil sandwich: Despite not being a new food this year, I don't recall ever having one before. It was good. Recommended.
• Todd Menton: I know Todd mainly through Boiled in Lead. Here, he was "solo", which meant he was backed by Lehto and Wright, who Rachel R. and I saw last year. I took some video, and will check with them to see if I can post a song.
• Tonic Sol-Fa: Gave a great concert, as usual. I captured one song on video, but haven't looked to see if it's good enough to post.
• Butterfly House was scaled back a bit from previous years, but still loads of flitty fun.
• Bought honey, knife sharpeners and a Tonic Sol-Fa CD. Have yet to test any of them.
• Going early on the first day was good: Everyone was fresh and it wasn't hugely crowded until later. The threatened thunderstorms never materialized and the few drops of rain in later morning delayed the major crowd for a couple of hours.
• Didn't talk to any political candidates. The downside of an early Fair visit.
• On warning from Carole, didn't visit the swine barn (or any animal exhibit).
Despite going alone, I had a great time.