I got three boxes of chocolates for my birthday in April 2005. I gave one away, spent much of the next year going through one of them, and was saving the other for a rainy day. Someone reminded me that chocolate spoils, so I opened the last one and have been eating the contents, no more than two at a time, for months. Today, I ate the last choc. I won't miss them, and have no plans to get more.
For some, chocolate is a powerful, addictive, drug. I tend to avoid sweets in general, successfully avoiding diabetes, and chocolate doesn't do much for me besides taste pleasant.