[Most Recent Entries]
Sunday, December 31st, 2006
|List of Lists from 2006
This will be tomorrow's Bartcop-E column. I hope LJers have fun, and maybe even add to the growing stack of lists.
I started compiling this list of lists because I was amused that they started coming out weeks ago, with much of the secular year to go. Since then, many more Top Whatever Lists have come out. I've added many over the weeks and could spend the next month tracking additional commentary, but won't. This list of lists is inherently incomplete.
All these links worked as of 12/31/06, though some had intro screens and some lead to further links.
A list of lists covering 2006
News and information lists:
- Top 25 Censored News Stories of 2007 from Project Censored. Printed in Disinfotainment Today, this is the list that got me started. Presumably, they mean a list to talk about in 2007 of stories censored in 2006. I'd hate to do all these things over again. See also Top 10 Censored Stories of 2006 from 2005 and note how few of them are being covered yet. Further lists predicting 2006 in "Predictions from last year" section below.
- Top Ten Stories You Missed in 2006, an oft-cited list from Foreign Policy.
- Top 10 Censored News Stories of 2005-2006 from Project Censored published on Metroactive.com, a more pure listing of neglected stories with references but not links.
- Censored Stories from the Tucson Weekly.
- Top 10 News Stories of 2006 from associatedcontent.com.
- 2006 list of 10 Most Censored Countries from the Committee To Protect Journalists has one glaring omission: The US.
- 2006 list of 10 stories the world should hear more about, from the United Nations.
- Dear AlterNet Reader: Top Ten Stories. Most popular stories on alternet.org August 1-October 4, 2006.
- Top Ten Myths About Iraq from Juan Cole.
- Most Outrageous comments of 2006 as compiled by Media Matters.
- Cartoons of the Year 10 published in Time during 2006.
- Top 10 Scams of 2006 from Consumer Affairs. Some old favorites, some new. Includes video.
- YouTube top ten for 2006 from the Sydney Morning Herald. I assume there are a lot of these kinds of lists but the Aussie view is a different take.
- Top 10 Stories of 2006 from National Geographic.
- 15 Most Popular News Stories from National Geographic.
- Top Ten Animal Stories of 2006 from National Geographic News.
- Top Ten Videos of 2006 from National Geographic News. Geeze, they're really into lists these days.
- Socially responsible companies, from Money.com. Their second annual ranking of global 500 companies, with other links.
- Top Ten Desktop Diversions 2006 as compiled by Business Week. They claim all of these are work safe diversions.
- 20 strangest gadgets of 2006 from Tech Digest.
- Hayek Tops Best Nude Scenes of 2006 claims zap2it.com. Interestingly enough, I've seen precisely none of these films. Ah well, let's hope Netflix has 'em...( a LOT more lists behind the cutCollapse )
What's your favorite list? Doesn't have to be one of these. Heck, make one up now.