An Internet TTD: Quotations
Hey, an internet Thing To Do that I can get into! Digging deep in my quotefiles. These are all from movies. Some easy, some hard.Edited to add: Continued in later LiveJournal entry
Please provide the speaker and movie (though you'll get credit for just the movie). I trust my Friends not to look them up...
1. "If it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that he's evil. I think that the worst that you can say about him is that basically he's an underachiever." asimovberlioz with a nudge from joelrosenberg Woody Allen (as Boris Grushenko), Love and Death
2. "You're the ruler of the galaxy. Show a little taste!" joelrosenberg Johnny Depp (as Ed Wood), Ed Wood
3. "Normal is what everyone else is, and you are not."
4. "It's not a conspiracy! It's a family!" ann_totusek Donald Sutherland (as Flan Kittridge), Six Degrees of Separation
5. "I hope someday you know the indescribable joy of having children. And paying someone else to raise them."
6. "Of course I'm dead. I'm just not paying for the party."
7. "You know, back in the 60s when we said we wanted to change society... perhaps we should have been more specific."
8. "You are the audience. I am the writer. I OUTRANK you." shsilver: Kenneth Mars (as Franz Liebkind), The Producers, TOS...
9. "The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
And I'll end with an easy one...
10. "In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo DaVinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love. They had five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock. "