The Questions, With Weaseling Answers
1. Leave me a casual comment of no particular significance, like a lyric to your current favorite song, or your favorite kind of sandwich, maybe your favorite game. Any remark, meaningless or not.
2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.ckd asked these questions
1. If you had to choose between giving up photography or giving up Shockwave Radio Theater, which would you choose and why?A strangely unfair question, as both subjects are very wide. Do you mean taking pictures or chucking the old ones? Do you mean the Shockwave archives or doing new shows/podcasts? Indeed, in some sense of the word Shockwave Radio Theater is on hiatus from the airwaves and hence is already given up. Further, the two overlap. Shockwave is a very visual show, and sound is an integral part of my photography. So I'm going to weasel out of this one.
2. You have the opportunity to go back in time and photograph one historical event (assume you are completely insubstantial; no possibility of intervention, but no danger either). What is it?I'll assume you mean a photo gallery, not just one iconic image. I'll further assume that an 'historical event' is different from a religious one (eg Noah's Ark in mid-flood). So while there are numerous choices, the one that comes to mind is the Great Pyramids. I'd love to chronicle their building. At least the first one. This may take several trips and/or necessitate being insubstantial for decades.
3. What book have you read lately that you think other people should go read right now?Hell and High Water: Global Warming -- the Solution and the Politics -- and What We Should Do by my brother Joe. After that, the last Harry Potter book, so we can all talk about the story arc without worrying about spoilers.
4. What TV series do you really wish would come out on DVD?After seeing Soap on DVD, I have a hankering for Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, which I watched at the time, or even Benson, which I didn't.
5. What's your favorite cover song, and why?Precisely what counts as a "cover" song is a bit in question (Christmas carols? Irish drinking songs? Nursery rhymes?), but I'll assume you mean 'songs which were associated with one group that were performed by another'. The hands down winner is Once In A Lifetime by Big Daddy. I never liked the Talking Heads' song, but on Cutting Their Own Groove, Big Daddy goes Doo-Wop, singing it in the style of Day-O. "Saaaaame way, it's the same ol' way-ay... same ol' way as it ever was...". I'm not fond of the early 80s techno-pop sound (with some exceptions) and really like Calypso and doo-wop (which generally don't combine), and the song finally makes sense!